About the Foundation:
T&W Charity Foundation, established by Shenzhen Gongjin Electronics Co., Ltd., was formerly known as T&W Charitable Fund. Adhering to the philosophy of "making contributions to the society and promoting public welfare", the Company has been actively practicing its mission of "repaying the society”, and launched T&W Charitable Fund, consequently forming a unique public service system:
I. The construction of T&W Hope primary schools and the implementation of Constant Care Campaign:
1. From 2001 to 2012, T&W has built six Hope primary schools in Guizhou, Shaanxi, Yunnan, Gansu and Sichuan with a total investment of RMB 6,095,000. In addition, it also donated RMB 600,000 for the construction of the main teaching building of Wahouku Primary School in Mabian Li Autonomous County of Sichuan Province. T&W Charity Foundation has left its footprint in various provinces of Western China.
2. In 2007, the Children Care Project was launched with the aim of helping children from poor families to increase nutrition and encouraging the cultivation of talented students in T&W Hope primary schools. By 2011, T&W has invested a total of over RMB 900,000 in the project, benefiting more than 1,500 children from these schools. In the project, “Free Breakfast” was implemented among all pupils in Shaanxi Zhenping T&W Hope Primary School, which was highly valued by the Education Department of Shaanxi Provincial Government and later introduced to other schools in the province.
3. In 2008, the Constant Care Campaign was launched to upgrade the hardware and software of these Hope primary schools. By virtue of its own strengths, T&W invested a total of RMB 500,000 by 2011 in building information platforms and purchasing computer-aided teaching equipment for these schools.
4. In 2008, T&W carried out book donation activities with a view to raising fund to buy books for these Hope primary schools. By the end of 2011, it has established six charitable libraries.
5. From 2009, T&W has been implementing the New Gardener Education Support Program, in which arts and IT knowledge are taught to the children in T&W Hope primary schools so as to arouse their interest for learning and passion for life and encourage them to pursue their dreams. Meanwhile, T&W voluntary teachers can get a thorough understanding of the social significance of the corporate culture from the program.
6. In 2012, the delegates of T&W Foundation visited the six T&W Hope primary schools in Xishui (Guizhou Province), Zhenping (Shaanxi), Wanyuan(Sichuan Province), Dali Xizhou and Eryuan (Yunnan Province). After the visits, T&W Foundation decided to make an additional investment of RMB 2.7 million in 2012 for the maintenance and construction of school buildings, including renovation of teaching buildings, replacement of desks and blackboards, increase of canteens and reservoirs and other facilities.
(2) Voluntary donations: Whenever China suffered a major natural disaster, T&W Charity Foundation would take swift action in mobilizing the Company members to donate. For example, it participated in the donation organized by the Red Cross during the catastrophic flood disaster in 1998, and donated RMB 100,000 to Guizhou Tongren during the snow disaster in 2008 and RMB700,000 to the area affected by 2008 Wenchuan Earthquake, and launched a special campaign in 2010 to help the drought-affected areas of Yunnan Province with a total donation of RMB 210,000, used to dig wells and install water pipes for Heizha Villiage, Pupeng Town, Xiangyun County, Dali Prefecture, consequently solving the drinking problem of Yi Nationality that harassed them for 50 years. It also donated RMB 100,000 to the earthquake-stricken areas of Yushu County, Yushu Prefecture, Qinghai Province. In addition, as an ardent participator of the “Care for Cancer Patients” campaign launched by Shenzhen Red Cross, it has been active in donating funds and distributing New Year goods to cancer patients.
(3) Welfare activities: T&W welfare activities also include the activities organized by the Company over the years, such as, voluntary blood donations, visits to welfare houses, T&W volunteer activities, elimination of white pollution and other environmental protection activities.
As a member of China's social welfare undertaking, T&W Foundation will continue to practice its mission and grow dynamically along with the Company so as to make more contributions to the education and social welfare undertakings of Western China.